Pandemic Code of Conduct:
**If you have a cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath or feel unwell, please do not enter the facility for 10 days or until symptoms subside (AB standard)**
*If you have travelled outside of Canada, you must self isolate for 14 days. Should you become ill, continue isolation for 10 days following the appearance of symptoms or until symptoms subside.*
- Wipe Twice before and after use including the entirety of the fitness equipment, your phone, TV remotes and door handles.
- Wash Your Hands before and after workout, or use hand sanitizers before and after your workout.
- Maintain 2 Metres distance between you and other members at all times.
- Maintain 3 Metres distance between you and other members during high intensity activities.
- Remain Within your Assigned Area (cardio block, weight area, stretching spot) for the duration of your workout.
- Do not use any cardio equipment that is blocked, unplugged or turned off.
- Take all personal effects with you, as items remaining will be disposed of.
- Notify the on-site manager if any public health guidelines are not being followed.
Note: Failure to adhere to the above code of conduct may result in suspension of privileges.
Policies and Etiquette:
- For liability and safety reasons, non-members (including spouses, children or friends) are strictly prohibited from using the facility at any time. The Fitness Manager may terminate a membership for violation of this “Members Only” policy
- Peak Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m., is the facility’s peak time.
- Etiquette: NO CELL PHONES on the fitness floor, change rooms, or in the studio, especially during a class. Please take calls in the foyer or outside the Fitness Centre. Absolutely no pictures!
- Locker rooms: Please remove all contents from the locker once you have completed your workout. Anything left in the lockers will be removed and placed in the lost and found.
- Cardio machines: During peak times, PLEASE LIMIT YOUR CARDIO MACHINE USE TO 20 MINUTES. If you need a longer cardio session, please come at non-peak times.
- Free weights: Please put your weights down gently. This is not only for noise control, but your safety as well. If you can pick up the weight you can put it down gently, thank you.
The Fitness Centre may be unstaffed as certain times through the week. Outside of staffed hours please be aware you must exercise at your own risk. Security Desk phone number: (587) 475-9785
Please be aware of the following safety procedures and requirements:
- Be aware of hazards such as equipment on the floor and other tripping hazards
- Pay attention to what you are doing in the gym!
- Always use the safety bars when using the Squat Rack
- When you are lifting heavy loads ALWAYS use a spotter! Ask the Fitness Staff or another fitness member to help
- ALWAYS use the safety collars to secure weight plates on the Olympic bar
- Please Do NOT Drop Weights for:
- your safety and others
- the proper maintenance of equipment
- and to not disrupt the tenants below and above the Fitness Centre
- If you have questions regarding how to safely and properly use equipment please speak with the Fitness Staff
- NO Guests or Family Members are allowed to access the Fitness Centre at any time, including weekends & holidays.
- Only active members are allowed to access the Fitness Centre
In Case of Emergency:
- Duress buttons, which will call Calgary City Centre security, are found throughout fitness floor, studio and change rooms.
- AED and First Aid equipment can be found in the Fitness Centre and Group Exercise Studio lobby.
AED and First Aid Kit
- In the event of an evacuation go to the nearest stairwell (on the north or south sides of the plus 15 walkway), exit the building and meet at the muster point.
- Muster Point for Calgary City Centre is 400 – 4th Avenue SW (Shell Centre).
Hours of Operation:
We will only be open during staffed hours Monday-Friday at this time.
Advanced booking for zones is required to access the facility. You can book your zone by accessing the website https://cccfitness.cshape.net and purchasing the free service “Zone Selection” and then selecting your preferred area in “Book a Zone”
Personal Training is also available both in-house and virtually for our members outside our staffed hours. Contact our staff for details.
Hours of operation will adjust according to public health guidelines and demand of time slots.