Stay in shape while working from home by doing one of the workouts listed below, joining us on social media or check out the videos on our app “CCC Fitness YYC”
- Upper Body: Bicep Brachii
- This movement can be accomplished by repetitively bringing your hand to your mouth while holding a beer bottle or stein. Remember to work both sides equally.
- Lower Body: Lunges
- Lower yourself into a lunge with the front knee at 90 degrees but not going past the toe as you look in the fridge for your next set of arm weights.
- Core: Sit Ups
- Repetitively lay down on the couch then come to a seated position as you binge watch Boondock Saint, P.S. I Love You and the Quiet Man.
- Cardio: Mountain Climbers
- Crawl into bed after your arm workout with this exercise. Keep your back flat and torso parallel to the ground and you alternatively move your arms and legs in a forward motion. Extra points if you are able to bring your thigh tight into your chest with each movement.
- Stretch: Legs up the Wall
- As you lay on the ground, take this time to release tension in your hamstrings and lower back with this Yin pose. Scoot your bottom as close to the wall as your hamstrings will allow you. Once in position, straighten your legs vertically and hold for 2-5 minutes.
March 19: Power Pyramid Workout
- Format: 3 Minutes of Cardio, 2 Minutes of Compound exercises and 1 minute of Core
- Warm-up for 5 minutes with marching, squats, arm circles, leg swings and torso rotations
- Suggested Exercises:
- Cardio (Pick 3 to do 1 minute each):
- Skipping rope, Jumping Jacks, High Knees, Butt Kickers, Burpees, Mountain Climbers, Skaters
- Compound Exercises (Pick 2 do alternate back and forth 6-10 reps)
- Squat Press, Deadlift Row, Push-Ups, Lunge Bicep Curl, Sumo Lateral Raise, Chair/Bench Dips
- Core Exercises (Pick 1 for the full minute)
- Plank/Plank Switches, Seated Twist/Bicycles, Supermans/Bird-Dog, Deadbug/Full Body Crunch
- Cardio (Pick 3 to do 1 minute each):
- Repeat 3-2-1 combo for the desired duration of your workout (18-32 minutes)
- Take 5-10 minutes to stretch out your muscles.
March 23: Yoga for Backs
Take the time to settle into each pose (à la Yin technique 2-5 minutes). With each exhale, focus on releasing any points of tension.
- Legs Up the Wall: Legs vertical up the wall to release tension in hamstrings and lower back
- Torso Rotation: Either with the support of the wall or pillows to the side of you, bring both legs to the side to release through the hips and spine. Legs can be bent or straight.
- Supported Bridge: With a pillow or yoga block under the tailbone or lower back, let gravity pull your spine downwards
- Child’s Pose: Option to use pillows or blocks to support the pose, either with the support behind the knee or under the arms and head, rest your arms above your head, knees wide and glutes resting on the heels. Allow the position to open through the chest and shoulder and reverse the normal curve of the lower back.
March 25: Push-Pull
Superset these exercises to maximize your workout time.
- Push-Ups – Bent Over Row
- Squat – Deadlift
- Shoulder Press – Lat Pull Down (You can do it by keeping tension on a rolled up towel)
- Tricep Dip – Bicep Curl
- Hip Bridge – Reverse Crunch
- Side Plank Hip Lift – Seated Twist
March 27: Cardio Intervals
Exercises to choose from for interval training: Burpees, Squat Jumps, Jumping Lunges, Jumping Jacks, Spiders, Shuffle, Skaters, Mountain Climbers, High Knees, Heel Kicks, Stairs, Skipping.
- Training your speed? Do 10-15 seconds work, 1 minute of active recovery.
- Training your endurance? Do equal time of work and active rest (30-30/60-60)
- Training your lactic acid recovery? Do 40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of active recovery.
Active rest: Keep moving around to avoid blood pooling and dropping your blood pressure.
March 31: Medicine Ball Workout (Used a sturdy wall for the throwing activities)
- Goblet Squat
- Lunge Twist
- Deadlift Reach (Single Leg or Both)
- Overhead Throw
- Chest Pass
- Alternating Hip Throws
- Medicine Ball Push-Ups
- Crunches/Sit-Ups with optional Throw
- Hip Bridge Pass Unders
April 2: Crazy 8s
Rotate these 8 exercises for 8 reps each for as many rounds as you want.
- Jump Lunge
- Squat Press
- Plank Row
- Mountain Climber