Next week is Commuter Challenge Week in Canada – are you up for the challenge?
- is a week-long event during Canadian Environment Week (June 5- 11, 2016)
- is a friendly competition between Canadian cities and workplaces
- encourages Canadians to leave their cars at home
- rewards walking, cycling, carpooling/ride-sharing, taking transit and telecommuting
- celebrates active and sustainable transportation
- is locally hosted by City Coordinators who support workplaces
How it works:
- You register your workplace before the Commuter Challenge week (June 5 – 11, 2016) and yourself any time before the end of the challenge.
- You walk, cycle, carpool, take transit or telecommute during the event week
- To be included in the final results you need to make at least one sustainable commute during Commuter Challenge week; of course you can commute sustainably every day
- You log your commute by first signing-in. Login once your workplace is registered or sign-in as an individual/unaffiliated.
- On your log page, you will see your impacts adding up
- As a workplace coordinator, you will see all of your workplace results and impacts.
- Tracked impacts are emission reduction, calorie consumption, distance and fuel cost savings
- Results are updated daily so you can see which workplaces and cities have the highest percentage of healthy commuters
Check out www.commuterchallenge.ca for more details!
Tags: Bike, Commuter Challenge, Walk